Keeping up with this blog has proved to be more difficult than managing my new diet! For the 3 of you that read this, I apologize, and I will strive to be better :)
I've actually had an exciting few days in the GF world. I discovered that America's favorite baking mistress Betty Crocker has a whole GF line of products, and a cookbook! Of course, I snagged the cookbook to study and during my next big grocery shopping spree I will be picking up some cooking supplies. VERY EXCITING!
Because of the holidays and visitors and the wonders that are Marin County restaurants, I have not had many chances to cook dinners at home. Tonight though, I managed to make up for that by making two of my favorite (and some of the easiest things to make) dishes: Beef Riblets and Ceviche. I know Beef Riblets, while extremely delicious, are not the most healthy of protein options...but in moderation even red meat is okay! As for the Ceviche, this was my first time making it, and I must say I did a pretty dang good job at it! Here is my recipe:
(This recipe yields enough for 2 people...maybe 3, depending on how hungry you are!)
Ingredients:
1 filet of fish of your choice (I like Tilapia or Orange Roughey)
1/4 medium white onion
2 roma tomatoes
1 medium ripe avocado
1 serrano chile...2 if you are feeling brave
1 handful of cilantro (sorry, I'm so bad at measuring this!)
Very juicy limes...quantities will vary
Mince onion, tomatoes, chile(s), and cilantro and combine in a bowl. Chop fish into small bites and toss into mixture. Squeeze enough limes to cover 2 inches of mixture (I used about 13 small limes. Start with 5 medium-sized limes). One trick I learned over the years for getting the most juice from these suckers is to stick them in the microwave for about 20-30 seconds! Try it!
Cover mixture, refrigerate for NO LESS than 2 hours. The most you leave it "cooking," the more flavorful it will be.
Bear with me, my recipes and explanations will become more eloquent with more practice ;)
Just wanted you to know that I am following and am proud of you for attempting this! Best of luck in your experiment!
ReplyDeleteThanks Carinna :) <3
ReplyDelete