Aside from being exhausted from work, I went out pretty strong in week 1. I didn't miss my usuals too much, and the adjustment to the GF diet went very smoothly. Of course, I was surrounded by temptation...the only time I allowed myself to become affected by the diet was the night we had dinner at my favorite pizza place (Zachary's Pizza in Oakland)...thankfully they had a GF crust that, although not as good as the original, proved to be enough. I will say though, it tastes better as a left-over lunch option!
Highs for Week 1:
- Finding amazing substitutions
- Feeling good
- Making the GREAT choice to avoid horrible fast food
Lows for Week 1:
- Going grocery shopping for the first time unprepared
- Slight battles with temptation
Goals for Week 2:
- Start a work-out program to reinforce how great my body will feel by year's end
- Organize my kitchen
- Use community resources (Farmer's Market, local grocery stores)
No comments:
Post a Comment