Looking for gluten-free snacks to keep me entertained on the 8 hour drive from southern CA to northern CA was not as difficult as I thought it would be. Thanks to Jenny McCarthy and her very open battle with her son's Autism, I learned that the one mainstream snack food she would give him was Fritos. With their ingredients being whole corn, corn oil, and salt there was no way I would pass these up! I picked up a bag of hearty pistachios to keep me full and sunflower seeds for variety and was good to go!
I faced a bit of a rough patch when I realized I would not be able to drink my beloved energy drinks to keep me perked up for the drive. I haven't looked into any alternatives, although I am thinking of brewing and chilling caffeinated tea as a substitute.
Tomorrow I venture into full-on GF grocery shopping and making my kitchen a (semi) GF zone.
No comments:
Post a Comment